1. Total Cost of Ownership – Total Cost of Ownership determines the real cost of a technology, and depending on the technology, costs can be considerably high. With the On Premise PBX, pretty much the whole system is your responsibility, so costs are coming from the initial equipment costs (phones, switches, etc.), deployment costs, as well as any training, maintenance, and support expenses. A Cloud Based PBX, on the other hand, alleviates most of these worries. Since its platform and features are hosted at the location of the service provider (the end user connects to the provider via IP), the buyer is alleviated from much of the burden that goes along with VoIP systems, including software, licensing, deployment, maintenance, and software/equipment support. Here are Key Factors to consider when thinking about an On-Premise PBX purchasing decision:
2. Limited Spend Upfront – Traditional PBXs require a large capital spend while a Cloud Based PBX can have very low if minimal upfront spend to get into the service.
3. Latest and Greatest Technology / No Maintenance – With a Cloud Based PBX, you always have the latest technology. Every feature upgrade, software upgrade is automatically available to you. You can use a Cloud Based service for 20 years and never once have to worry about buying new equipment or upgrading software to have the latest and greatest features. Also with a Cloud Based PBX , your telephone system is managed by IT specialists in world-class data centers that have power protection, survivability and disaster recovery resources far beyond what a business could provide. You don’t have to worry about powering, maintaining or updating the On Premise Equipment. Vonage Business Solutions takes care of all that in the cloud.
4. Software application features are the biggest advantage over traditional PBX systems - Simply put, there are a whole lot of features VoIP solutions can provide to a business which simply aren’t available with legacy phone services. With call routing, virtual receptionists, find me/follow me, caller ID, conference calling, call forwarding and more, many business owners are quickly learning a Cloud Based PBX is much better equipped to face complex communication management than traditional PBX's.
5. Disaster Recovery – By having your PBX in the cloud, you are no longer susceptible to disaster that can wreak havoc with onsite PBX equipment. With Vonage Business solution’s “Call Continuity” feature, if something was to go wrong at your location, you will continue to receive your calls and be able to make calls no matter where you are.
6. Scalability - If you envision your business growing, you will need to consider how this will impact your purchase. If going with a premises-based solution, you will likely want to purchase a larger appliance than is initially needed to accommodate growth. With a Cloud Based PBX, new users can be added to the phone system as needed. The Vonage Business Solution’s User Interface is easy to use to add or delete extensions as needed. Opening up a new location in a neighboring town can be easily done by adding extensions to the existing account and shipping phones to the new location.
7. Mobility – Traditional PBXs do not provide the functionality to integrate with the Smart Phones that are prevalent today. With a Cloud Based PBX, you can be out of the office and make and received phone calls as if you are in the office. You can also manage your Cloud Based PBX with the mobility APPs.
8. Save Money on Utilities – On Premise PBX systems require cooling and often run up electricity costs. Cloud Based PBXs put no strain on business utility bills.
Local: 804-767-2136 (Richmond, VA, USA)
Toll Free: 1-888-233-1176
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday: 9am - 7pm EST